Wednesday 5 June 2013

Total loss of 6.5lbs

23rd May 2012

Yep. Just half a lb shy of half-a-stone. Amazing! I can feel it too in that I can feel that my skin is looser and my tops fit better (no riding up over my wobbling belly as I walk). I know that this means that I will have lots of loose skin when I have reached my goal but I shall also have better health, better fitness, more confidence and more self-belief. I'm happy with that trade-off.

I also went to Tesco earlier on in the week where there is a mirror that I call "The Mirror of Hell". Basically I hated looking at it as it showed me how monstrous my hips were and how overweight I am. Basically, it showed me how everyone else sees me. This time however, I got kind of a shock when I glanced into it (not sure why) and there was a flash of depression, followed very quickly by "That is the last time that you are ever going to show me looking like that" and I actually felt happy having seen my reflection! Me: 1. Mirror: 0.
At the moment, I am sitting with an ice pack on my leg. I have had cramp in one spot for the past two days and although it doesn't hurt when I run, I would still like it to go away now, thanks. I also had a knot in my foot and so I rolled it over a tennis ball for about a minute. I didn't think that it would work but it did. Amazing!

Today was shit. I know that I'm all for positive thinking but today really was shit. S.H.I.T. Shit!

My wonderful and generous sister bought me a Garmin Forerunner which has GPS. Whilst I was stood still waiting for it to locate satellites, an Alsatian came running at me, growling, and started jumping at my face. Fortunately it had effectively muzzled itself as it was carrying a stick but it was still scary. What did his owner say? "It's alright love". Is it? IS IT?! Your great, big, fucking Alsatian that you clearly cannot control (or cannot be arsed to) is trying to savage my face! I wish I'd punched him. Instead I laughed nervously and walked off. That pretty much set the tone for the whole run.

I forgot my hat today so although I was getting used to not having what is, effectively, a psychological crutch (I wear it thinking that people can't see my red face (they can) and that if I see anyone who may be abusive, I can hide behind it (I can't)), it also meant that I had the sun in my eyes for the whole run back. So instead of concentrating on my technique and breathing, I was instead trying to see where I was going and dodging cyclists and pedestrians at the same time.

Great. Now there's a wasp in my room.

I also read in 'Women's Running' magazine, that the back swing of your arms is just at important as the front swing, as when you use a high back swing, it forces you to take a longer stride ergo strengthening your glutes and hip-flexors. This is where I am weakest so that is what I was doing today and it does work.

Unfortunately, it also meant that I was engaging muscles that I haven't been engaging before and it made the runs hard work. In short, I only actually finished one run. It was also 13C already this morning and as I cannot stand the heat, it made it even harder. Still. Friday is another day and another workout. I cannot expect plain sailing all the time; it happens to the best of us.

On a more positive note, I had the most delicious dinner on Monday. My Mum has a bug so has been home all week, which leaves me to cook every meal. On Monday, we had Sainsbury's chip-shop chicken curry with long-grain basmati rice and home-made oven chips. It was delicious! And only 6 syns. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment