Wednesday 5 June 2013

Have lost 3lbs

21st February 2013

"Any experience can be transformed into something of value. Everything depends on the way you look at things. You cannot have the success without the failures".
 - Unknown

I don't know what I've done differently this week as I feel as though I have been eating like a pig (thanks to the new wholemeal crisps by Walkers) but I have lost 3lbs! I weighed myself on Monday to see if the walking had made a difference to my weight and nothing showed on the scales. My jeans however, which had been feeling a little tight on the waistband, are now more comfortable and I know that my abs are getting stronger. This morning however, I jumped on the scales out of curiosity and voila!

I think that it helps that I make all of our meals from scratch - last night was Herby Chicken Kievs (not a success but I will attempt them again), Lancashire Hotpot on Tuesday and tonight will be Spaghetti Carbonara. I believe that you can eat anything as long as you know what is going into it, use healthy alternatives and control your portions. I feel as though I am not on a diet as I'm not eating anything weird and can still enjoy my meals.

The run yesterday was also different. Mum's knee is still tender and I wasn't feeling great so I suggested that we do one minute of running and three of walking. This actually wasn't a bad idea. I could do the workout despite feeling crappy and was able to focus on keeping my speed up and lengthening my stride in order to engage the muscles at the back of the upper leg (something that misses out when running with a short stride). I can really feel those muscles today so it was obviously of benefit.

I'm about to do the sculpt workout of P90 in order to get some strength training in and get a more rounded workout. I have my cousin's wedding in May of next year as my target and I will get there!

Bye for now x


No comments:

Post a Comment