Wednesday 5 June 2013

Lazy. Git.

23rd April 2012

Yep, that's me. Lazy Git. I say I'm a lazy git because I haven't been running for a while. To begin with, it was a genuine reason as I was suffering from 'runner's knee' which is where your butt muscles are too weak and so your I.B.T. muscles work harder to compensate. I went on a runner's forum and they advised me as to what stretches I should be doing to prevent it in future and they advised that I take at least three weeks off. Well, it's been longer than three weeks. I have been doing my kettlebell exercises though in order to strengthen my butt muscles, but considering I have a 5k event in July, I have been really lax.

I have been saying to myself that I need to get back out there but just haven't done it and I don't know why. I ran in ice (and slipped on it) and I have run in the rain and the freezing cold, so there really is no excuse. I think that I'm kinda going into denial a bit which is what I did for my exams (all of them). I have announced to my mum though that I am going running again tomorrow, so there's no backing out. I genuinely intend to get out there and run. I'm also due to go on holiday soon and plan to run there. I just need to check out running routes on Google maps.

I'm really hoping that my fitness hasn't stopped so much that I basically have to start again. I'll do the first weeks plan again as a marker and to get back into it. It may be that it's not as bad as I think and that actually the break will have made all the difference. Either way, I shall be running Monday, Wednesday and Friday with kettlebell on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and stretches after each run. Hopefully, this shall actually make me lose weight as I haven't lost any despite keeping a food diary (a completely honest one) and following Slimming World.

Anyhoo. Here's to tomorrow....hope it's not raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment