Wednesday 5 June 2013

Run fat girl, run

6th January 2012

I went for a run today! Woooo, go me! I downloaded the NHS 'Couch to 5K' podcast and went for it. I'll admit that I was nervous in case anyone made any comments but then I knew that if they did, I just had to remind myself that I was actually out there doing something about my weight and fitness.

I did have to decide a new route on the spot though as the riverbanks are flooded, so I ended up running laps in a park. I also didn't manage to finish the workout (I had about three runs left) but was so tired that I called it a day. Despite this, I do not view the day as a negative as I actually got out there (on my own), it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I can only get better. I've decided to rest this weekend and go out again on Monday to ensure that I don't do too much, too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment