Wednesday 5 June 2013

Day1 of Power 90

16th July 2012

Well, I ran Race for Life. I joined the joggers and made it as far as the 1km mark when my asthma kicked in. I slowed to take a puff on my inhaler but this actually made it worse and cause a burning sensation at the centre of my chest, almost as if I had incredibly bad indigestion. It didn't go away for the whole race and finishing was a struggle but I still finished!

I have also entered the Adidas 10k Trail Race in the Forest of Dean in May next year. That gives me plenty of time to train for it.

Also, I have the workouts P90 and P90X. I failed the fit test for P90x on the push-ups and I figured that the P90 routine would be best for me anyway, so that I can lose weight and get to a level of fitness where I can do P90X. If I can lose as much weight as possible, then that stands me in better stead for the Adidas race.
I think that it's fair to say that the P90 diet is as important as the workouts. Yes, you can get good results with just the workouts but the people who follow the diet get even better results. Plus the diet really isn't all that bad. I do struggle with what to eat for lunch since for the first 30-days, I can only have 1 serving of carbs. My Mum and I are having wholemeal fajitas tonight so that will use up the 1 carb serving. I got inventive though and had a ham, lettuce and cheese roll-up, which is 1 serving of protein, 1 of veg and 1 of dairy. Ordinarily, I would never have had that but it's only for the next 30 days and then I get an extra serving of carbs.

The photos of me from Race for Life are really goddamn awful. I barely even recognised myself and I can't believe how out of shape I have allowed myself to become. Never again!

No comments:

Post a Comment