Wednesday 5 June 2013

I have to suck it up

6th March 2012

Since writing the previous entry, I started my week 3 run and found that my knee problem hasn't got worse but it is...different. Week 3 involves running for a lot longer and I finished the first day, even though I did find it hard work. My knee had been feeling tight when I bent it but felt fine straightened out. When running, I could feel the tightness in my knee but there was no pain. Fast forward to Wednesday and I couldn't finish any of the runs. My knees felt sooo tight and it just felt all wrong. I was pretty pissed that I didn't finish but whilst on my walk back, I did develop a bit of a limp. On Sunday, I did a bit of walking around town and instead of feeling tight, my knees felt weak. I think that I may be a bit lopsided when I run and that I need to work on strengthening my lower body. I've read that if your butt muscles aren't very strong, then your body can't stabilist effectively and it puts extra strain on other muscles. I have taken this week off and I have been doingm my kettle bell and Tracey Anderson DVDs. If I have to take another week off, then I shall. I need to make sure that I don't do more damage and put myself out of action for months instead of weeks.

On a more personal note, I really need to suck it up. I am 26 and still living at home. I am unemployed and spend money as soon as I get it. I have always done this and I hate it (regarding money, not being unemployed)! I am training to be a Legal Secretary and I was planning on finishing my course before getting a job but still being at home when I'm 26! I feel really pathetic and like I haven't really started. I've decided that I'm going to look for jobs and fit my studying around it. Single mums and dads have to do it, so I can too. Life can be hectic and sometimes the easy option seems like the best but is it really? How much satisfaction can you get from working all hours towards your goal, finally achieveing it and being able to say: "Yeh, all the sweat, blood and tears was totally worth it".

No comments:

Post a Comment