Wednesday 5 June 2013

Owwwwwww!

26th February 2012

My Friday run got off without a hitch, although for the rest of the day I did think 'ooo, I'm gonna hurt tomorrow'. Nope! Although the back of my knee is quite tight today. Had quite a few people staring at me as well, as my face goes very red when I exercise and when you combine that with a flourescent orange jacket....well, I can understand the stares. Although I am just making a fashion statement.

Week 3 starts on Monday, which is good. I also got my race pack from Cancer Research, Saturday. I am number 69. Nice.

I've also stumbled upon the age-old problem which I mentioned in an earlier post. That is, trying to find sportswear that actually fits. We're all encouraged to exercise (especially if you're big) but they (the companies) never make decent/any clothes that are in my size. I've had to look at menswear and hopefully I can find something that won't make me look too butch. I'm ideally after a new running jacket as summer is approaching and I think that my current jacket will be too hot. I may have found one, I just need to wait until pay day and then (fingers crossed) it is still in stock.

Curvissa (a plus-size company) does a pair of walking trousers which would be good for later on in the year, as I plan to go hiking to compliment my running training.

Got sponsored for £10 the other day which is cool. Getting closer to my target now!

No comments:

Post a Comment