Wednesday 5 June 2013

Bikram Kettlebell

24th January 2012

Well, the past two weeks have been weeks of pros and cons; the good news, I got to rest my knees. The bed news, I got a cold.

The cold was pretty gross and completely wiped me out. I also had my monthly visitor which always makes me feel like crap; all weak and wobbly. I think that this may have been why my last run felt like so much hard work. I have however, been doing some kettlebell exercises with the help of the 'Kettlebell Bootcamp with Angie Miller' DVD which is brilliant. It leaves you tired but doesn't tire you out. The first time that I tried, it was not a success! I had the fire lit and strength exercises and a hot room do not mix! I had to give up after 10 minutes as it was just too hot.

I have continued with the DVD however but have been struggling with periods of light-headedness during the workout so quite a few breaks have been called for. I shall continue with the DVD for the rest of the week and then it's back to the running next week.  On the days off, I shall do the kettlebell so that I work on my core, lower back muscles and knee strength, all of which are required for running.

Anyhoo, that's it. Not much else left to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment