Wednesday 5 June 2013

End of the year

24th December 2012

Well, it's the end of the year...almost. I have done things that I never thought I would such as go out on solo runs and complete the Race for Life 5k. There is still much that I want to do and achieve and have set more goals for 2013.

I have been a little disappointed with how the last few months have turned out. Mainly that, in order to pay off my horrible credit card (never get one!), I have had to work in a shitty job for the past three months. Yes, it's money and I'm lucky to have a job when so many people don't but I really effing hate it; the supervisors treat us like shit (bar one), the work is boring and monotonous, it's virtually at minimum wage and it involves working Saturdays. The only positive thing to come out of it is that I have lost half a stone since starting work there. Presumably, this is because I am literally stood up for 7 and a half hours, five days a week. I haven't been able to do any running, so the standing must be the reason behind it.

The other thing about this job is that I haven't been able to do any exercise. Not a bit of it. P90 has stopped, as has the running. I have been resentful about this but whilst driving to work one morning, I saw an old school-friend out for a run. It was raining, it was cold, it was 7am, she works as a doctor at the hospital and she was still able to fit it in. I have determined to do the same and have entered the 'Adidas 10k Forest Trail Run' in May. I shall also be raising funds for Crisis (a charity that helps single homeless people get off the streets), so those two facts should be motivation enough and hopefully, I shall lose more weight.

I have also compiled a list of do-able goals for 2013:

1.       Get back into regular running
2.       Complete 5k with ease
3.       Train for the Adidas 10k Forest Trail Run for May 2013, raising funds for Crisis.
4.       Move out
5.       Get a legal secretary job
6.       Save every penny
7.       Visit my sister for Christmas in Canada
8.       Begin the emigration process for Canada
9.       Complete P90 and progress to P90X
10.   Lose weight
11.   Stop cracking my knuckles!

Righty-ho. I am now off to do some on-line shopping for necessary winter running supplies i.e. a head-torch, a hoody and a running hat.

Merry Christmas peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment