Wednesday 5 June 2013

No running for 1 week

I cancelled my appointment with the doctor re my weight as I thought "I've been three times and have not received any help. Why do I think that this time will be different?"

I ended up going today anyway. For the past few days, there's been a particular spot that is very sore when I twist or sit up etc. Last night I rolled over in bed and it felt like the sore bit was attached to a piece of string and that someone yanked on it. It was so painful but the pain went within seconds and the area isn't tender to the touch etc. It happened several times during the night and was enough to wake me up. Due to where the pain is (same place as my left ovary), I figured that I should get it checked out. The doctor felt my stomach (but not where it hurts which is pointless) and said that she thinks it's a pulled muscle. I have basically been signed off exercise for the next week and have to take ibuprofen. Apparently exercise will exacerbate the problem and could lead to muscle tearing. Fantastic. I am well and truly f**ked for Race for Life.

I am also not convinced that it is a pulled muscle. I have had pulled muscles before and they feel nothing like this. Still. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment