Wednesday 5 June 2013

The hill of pain

26th March 2012

Well, the last three weeks have felt like a load of big nothing but actually haven't been wasted.

As mentioned in my previous posts, I have had some trouble with my knees, mainly that they felt really tight and then they started feeling really weak. I took two weeks out to rest my knees and I was doing kettlebell workouts to strengthen them. This seems to have worked somewhat but I am going to do another week to really get my supporting muscles stronger.

Despite feeling like I have done some 'non-exercising', I went to the Elan Valley on Saturday and Mum had wanted to go on a walk. She is really into the Dambusters and there is a dam that they used for practice, so she wanted to see it. The walk was supposed to be easy and was three miles long. Easy, my arse! We had to cross a stile which was so goddamn high up that Dad had to help me. Then we had to climb a really steep hill that was at an elevation of about 600 feet. It may not sound like much to some of you but to me, it was agony. I was told by other people who were there that I was brave and that even some people in the Territorial Army couldn't get to the top. Well kiss my arse T.A. because I got to the top on sheer stubborness and considering that I am so overweight that I am carrying the weight of an extra person, I was bloody pleased with myself. Just because I am fat, do not underestimate me.

Anyway, basically I am feeling so much more invigorated, determined and focussed. I don't know what has happened but I seem to have reached a point where I am willing to give everything my all and really make it happen.

I can honestly say that I am really happy at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment