Wednesday 5 June 2013

First date - thoughts?

22nd January 2013

Kind of lame to admit this but, at 27, I have just got back from my first date.

For years I have felt like I don't deserve a relationship and so have avoided it completely. Recently though, I've been thinking that I can't keep running from things and it will always seem scary until I do it. So I joined an on-line dating website and had a date tonight. We went to the pub so that we could actually get to know each other and I thought that we'd only be there for an hour....three hours later, I'm home.

It was a good evening. There were maybe four moments where conversation stopped but only for a few seconds. I don't know...I just didn't feel a spark. I do appreciate that he walked me to my car and sent me a text to make sure that I got home alright but I think that he's more friend material. My sister says that sparks are overrated but I'm not too sure. What are your thoughts? (Mind you, that's if he even wants a second date).

No comments:

Post a Comment